ReturnersWork GmbH is your personal career service that supports you in your professional re-entry. At ReturnersWork you are the “returner” at the centre of our business model. You entrust us with your personal data (hereinafter also referred to as “your data”) about your career and your goals and we will support you in the best possible way in your professional re-entry.
The protection of your personal data and the preservation of your privacy is most important to us and we will handle your data carefully, confidentially and in your interest while we ensure a high level of data security. Consequently, we comply with the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP), the Ordinance to the Federal Act on Data Protection and any other applicable data protection regulations, in particular, the EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR.
ReturnersWork GmbH („we”)
+41 41 561 56 06
2. Summary of our Processing Activities
The following summary provides you with a quick overview of the processing activities that are undertaken on our website. You will find more detailed information under the indicated sections below.
- When you visit our website for informational purposes without setting up an account or you register for any of our services, only limited personal data will be processed to provide you with the website itself (see 3).
- When you contact us, register on our platform to join our community or for us to match your profile with potential opportunities suitable for you, or when you subscribe to one of our events or book one of our labs or subscribe to our newsletter, further personal data will be processed in the scope of such services (see 4., 5., 6., 7., 8.).
- Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties (see 9) that might be located outside your country of residence; potentially, different data protection standards may apply (see 10)
- We retain your personal data only as long as necessary (see 13) and have implemented appropriate safeguards to secure your personal data (see 14)
- Depending on specific circumstances, you may be entitled to exercise certain rights with regard to the processing of your personal data (see 17)
3. Visiting our Website for Informational Purposes
When you visit our website for informational purposes, i.e. without creating an account or registering for any of our provided services and without providing us with personal data in any other form, the servers temporarily store the following data in a log file, the so-called server log files:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access/retrieval
- Name and URL of the retrieved data
- Operating system of your computer and the browser you use
- Country from which our website is accessed
- Name of your Internet access provider
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- last visited website
- Browser settings
- Language and version of the browser software
- Activated Browser Plugins
We use such information only to assist us in providing an effective service (e.g. to adapt our website to the needs of your device).
The personal data automatically collected is necessary for us to provide the website and for our legitimate interest to guarantee the website’s stability and security, to optimise our offer and for internal statistical purposes. A personal user profile is not created.
Automatically collected personal data is duly deleted.
You have the possibility to get in contact with us via a contact form on our website or per e-mail. In this case, the information you provide will be processed for the purpose of corresponding with you or for the purpose of processing your enquiry and handling it.
The basis for the processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest in processing your inquiry.
5. Registration for our Services
We offer a series of services to you which you. On our website you have the possibility to register for various on- and offline events, such as conferences, career fairs, workshops and coaching sessions as well as a job opportunity matching service. In order to use these services, you have to set up an account. With regard to the registration of an account and its subsequent use, we process:
- First name*
- Last name*
- e-mail address*
If you order a paid service, we also require you to provide us with a billing address:
- Last name*
- First name*
The information that is necessary for the fulfilment of the respective contract is la-belled accordingly (*). All further information is provided voluntarily.
We will process the personal data you provide to:
- Identify you at sign-in
- Provide you with the services and information offered through the website or which you request;
- Administer your account;
- Communicate with you.
For this, the legal basis is the contract we enter into with regards to the services you request and our legitimate interest in providing you with a good service experience by not having to re-enter your details every time you request a service.
We use the personal data and contact data you provide by registration to inform you directly about our additional products and services. The use of your personal data for directly advertising related products and services is a legitimate interest for us as a provider of this website.
You can object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing at any time. We will then refrain from any processing to the extent it is related to such purposes. You can inform us about your objection by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal data is, in the absence of exceptions within the specific services mentioned below, retained for as long as your user account is active. Of course you can also delete your account at any time. Your profile will thereafter be removed from our servers. Statutory storage obligations or the need for legal actions that may arise from misconduct within the services or payment problems can lead to a longer retention of your personal data. In this case, we will inform you accordingly.
6. Job Matching
a) Career profile
- You have the opportunity to add your career profile as a returner to your account. This enables us to search for you in our pool of employment opportunities and inform you in case of a match. Please be aware that the more information you provide us with the more likely it is that we identify opportunity matches for you. Your career profile therefore includes any information that you provide us with, e.g. the following information:
- Name, date of birth, address, e-mail, telephone number, age, gender, language, family status
- Career-specific data such as education, professional profile, skills, work experience, industry, voluntary work, workload, language skills, length of career break, reason for career break, CV
- Specific data for the return to the labour market: desired location, desired industry, desired flexibility (in terms of time and location), desired workload, citizenship and work permit or visa status for non-Swiss citizens, willingness to return to the market.
- We also reserve the right to track the course of returnships.
b) Speed meetings
To get to know you better as a returner, we might additionally contact you in order to invite you to conduct a speed meeting with us. The speed meeting might be conducted offline or online. During the speed meeting, we refer to your career profile and supplement this with information about you that we have learned during the speed meeting.
c) Proposing you to the employer
If we do identify an opportunity match we will contact you and ask you whether we may pass on your details to the respective employer.
The basis for the processing of your personal data for this purpose (job matching) is your consent.
You can revoke your consent for this data processing at any time. Please send your revocation of consent in writing to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Of course you can also delete your account at any time. Your profile will then be removed from our server.
7. Filling out Feedback Forms
You have the possibility to give us your feedback via various feedback forms in digital or paper form by letter and/or e-mail. In this case, the information you provide will be used for correspondence with you or for the purpose of processing your feed-back, respectively your request and its handling.
The basis for processing your personal data is our legitimate interest in further enhancing our services and tailoring these to your needs.
You can object to this data processing at any time. Please send your objection to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Subscribe to News and Updates
With your e-mail you can subscribe to the ReturnersWork News Alerts, via which we provide you with information via e-mail about returners job opportunities and return-ers news, such as upcoming specialised labs, career fairs, job markets, networking events, new partners, relevant insights and other related information.
The purpose of these messages is to announce possible job offers and services of ReturnersWork GmbH. The basis for processing your personal data is your consent.
You can revoke your consent at any time. Please send your consent revocation to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
9. Information Sharing
Your personal data will be disclosed to third parties for the following purposes:
To enable you to connect with your fellow Returners that take part in the same Returners events than you as well as the event organizers we distribute a participants lists to all participants of any given Returners sharing your name.
The basis for this processing of your information is our legitimate interest in providing for an enjoyable networking environment. You can object to this processing at any time. Please send your objection to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) Facilitation of specialised Labs
If you register for specialised lab, we will ask you if we can add your e-mail to the participants’ list, that will be sent to each participant as well as the coach for the purpose of communicating among each other and the coach to provide you with information on the specialized lab.
The basis for this processing is your consent. You can revoke your consent at any time. Please send your consent revocation to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
We may disclose your personal data to following contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the website:
Subcontractor Description of services (activity of the subcontractor)
Starhunter GmbH, Deutschland Application Service Providing
Hetzner Online GmbH, Deutschland Hosting
Amazon Web Services, Inc., USA (Serverstandort EU) Hosting
elunic AG, Deutschland Development and operations
Textkernel, Niederlande CV-Parsing
Rocket Science Group, LLC (“Mailchimp“), USA Newsletter and Info Mailings
Such a transfer is based on data processing agreement. Therefore, our contractors will only use your personal data to the extent necessary to perform their functions and will be contractually bound to process your personal data only on our behalf and in compliance with our requests.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, any personal data we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party in compliance with applicable law.
We may disclose your personal data if legally entitled or required to do so (for example if required by law or by a court order).
10. Cross border data transfers
Within the scope of our information sharing activities set out above, your personal data may be transferred to other countries (including countries outside the EEA) which may have different data protection standards from your country of residence. Please note that data processed in a foreign country may be subject to foreign laws and accessible to foreign governments, courts, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies. However, we will endeavour to take reasonable measures to maintain an adequate level of data protection when sharing your personal data with such countries.
In the case of a transfer outside of the EEA, this transfer is safeguarded by a Commission’s adequacy decision such as the EU-US Privacy Shield or the EU Model Clauses. You can find further information by contacting us under firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called session cookies. These are automatically deleted when you log out or close the browser. Other cookies remain stored on your computer beyond the respective usage process and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognise your browser the next time you visit us.
Most Internet browsers are regularly set to accept cookies. If you do not wish to do so, you can set your browser to inform you about the setting of cookies and to allow or generally exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases only in individual cases. You can also activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. In addition, you can delete cookies already set at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs.
The procedure for checking and deleting cookies depends on the browser you use. You can find information on this in the help menu of your browser. You can use the following links to find out about this option for the most commonly used browsers:
• Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
• Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/de-ch/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
• Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/cookies-erlauben-und-ablehnen
• Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=de
• Safari: https://support.apple.com/de-ch/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac and https://support.apple.com/de-ch/HT201265
• Opera: https://help.opera.com/de/latest/
12. Analytical, Marketing and other services
We only use the Google analysis and marketing services with activated IP anonymization. This will shorten your IP address from Google within Switzerland or the EU/EEA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) can be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Insofar as personal data is processed in the USA, we would like to point out that Google is certified under the Swiss-U.S. and EU-U.S. Privacy-Shield-Agreements and thus offers a guarantee to comply with Swiss and European data protection law (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAItatus=Active).
You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser software accordingly. However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of our website to their full extent. Furthermore, you can prevent data collection and processing by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the link, https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. An opt-out cookie is set which prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website. To prevent Universal Analytics from collecting data across multiple devices, you must opt-out on all systems in use. For more information about Universal Analytics, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2838718?hl=deef_topic=6010376.
You can find more detailed information in Google’s data protection information at https://policies.google.com/privacy.
You can find information about Google’s privacy settings at https://safety.google/privacy/privacy-controls/.
We use Google Universal Analytics based on our legitimate interests.
Google Universal Analytics allows us to analyse the activities on our pages across devices (e.g. when accessed via laptop and later via a tablet). This makes it possible to assign data, sessions and interactions across multiple devices to a pseudonymous user ID and thus to analyse the activities of a user across devices.
Google uses this information to evaluate the use of our website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide us with further services related to website and internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
13. Storage Duration
We process and store your personal data only for the period of time required to achieve the purpose of storage or if this is provided for by laws or regulations to which we are subject. If the purpose of storage ceases to apply or if a prescribed retention period expires, your data will be blocked or deleted routinely and in accordance with legal requirements.
14. Data Security
We take technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data against manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised persons in accordance with data protection regulations.
The measures taken are intended to guarantee the confidentiality and integrity of your data and to ensure the availability and resilience of our systems and services in processing your data in the long term. They are also intended to ensure that the availability of your data is quickly restored and that you can access it in the event of a physical or technical incident.
Our security measures also include the encryption of your data. When your data is transmitted to us, it is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS) / HTTPS encryption. All to protect and ensure the protection of your rights and compliance with the applicable
Information that you enter online is transmitted via an encrypted transmission path. This means that this information cannot be viewed by unauthorised third parties at any time.
Our data processing and security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
We also take our own internal company data protection very seriously. Our employees and the service companies we commission are obliged to maintain secrecy and to comply with data protection regulations. Moreover, they are only granted access to personal data to the extent necessary.
15. Links to Other Providers
Our website also contains – clearly visible – links to other legal and natural persons, such as partner organisations or coaches, who offer support services. Returners-Work GmbH does not assume any guarantee or liability for their services and websites or the links to the websites. We have no influence on their contents. The respective provider or operator of the sites is always responsible for the content of the linked sites and no guarantee can be given for compliance with data protection regulations.
The linked pages were checked for possible legal violations and recognisable infringements at the time of linking. Illegal contents were not recognisable at the time of linking. However, a permanent control of the contents of the linked pages is not reasonable without concrete evidence of a violation of the law.
16. Use of the Website by Minors
The website is aimed at an adult audience. Minors, in particular children under 16 years of age, are prohibited from transmitting personal data to us or registering for a service without the consent or approval of their parents or legal guardians. If we discover that such data has been transmitted to us, it will be deleted. The child’s parents (or legal guardian) can contact us and request deletion or deregistration. To do so, we require a copy of an official document that identifies you as a parent or legal guardian.
17. Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
– require (i) information as to whether your personal data is retained and (ii) access to and/or duplicates of your personal data retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the data recipients as well as potential retention periods;
– request rectification, removal or restriction of your personal data, e.g. because (i) it is incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn;
– refuse to provide and – without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal – withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time;
– object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, that your personal data shall be subject to a processing. In this case, please provide us with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you we will either stop processing your personal data or present you our compelling legitimate grounds for an ongoing processing;
– take legal actions in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators;
– require (i) to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and (ii) to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from our side; where technically feasible you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller; and/or
– not to be subject to any automated decision making, including profiling (automatic decisions based on data processing by automatic means, for the purpose of assessing several personal aspects) which produce legal effects on you or affects you with similar significance.
– You may (i) exercise the rights referred to above or (ii) pose any questions or (iii) make any complaints regarding our data processing by contacting us per e-mail (email@example.com) If necessary, we reserve the right, for the processing of inquiries, to request your identification in an appropriate manner.
– If you believe that the processing of your personal data violates data protection law or your data protection rights have otherwise been violated in any way, you can complain to the supervisory authority responsible for you. In Switzerland, this is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commission-er.